With Valentine’s Day just around the corner finding new ways to spoil the special men in our lives can become increasingly difficult. Before you throw in the towel and buy another daggy pair of socks and jocks see some of our fun and quirky gift ideas that are sure to impress!
- Instead of writing a text message or card why not post a love letter instead. This can be sent to his work or home – he will love the surprise factor and the extra thought you put into telling him just how much you care!
- Take a trip down memory lane and find photos of you two together. Get nostalgic and try to dig up the pictures from your early dating days. Once you have gathered your material make an album, get an electric photo frame, stick the pictures on the fridge – get creative!
- Order a custom painting of the two of you, your home, your favourite place or anything that is sentimental and special to you as a couple.
- Leave loving notes all over the house on Valentines Day morning. These can be strategically placed all around the house and lead him to the best present of all – YOU!
- Is there a particular chore that you know he’s been dreading? If so tick it off his to-do list! Otherwise you can provide him with an IOU and let him decide your fate ;)
- Why not plan a weekend get-away somewhere romantic? Remove him from his everyday surroundings and routine. This is a great option if you are in need of some quality alone time where you can just focus on the two of you.
- If you're a couple who are joined at the hip organise for him to do something fun with his buddies. A sporting event, fishing, golf…. anything you know that he loves doing but rarely gets the time to do.
- It wouldn’t be Valentine’s Day if you didn’t plan a sexy surprise. Buy a figure hugging new dress, wear sexy lingerie, run a candle- lit bath or throw some rose petals on the bed … anything that is out of the usual will do the trick.
- If you know that the way to your man’s heart is through his stomach make him his favourite meal. Simple but effective!
- Surprise him at work with a lunch date. You could add an extra element of surprise and let his boss in on the plan. Make him think he has an important meeting or scheduled conference call- when you show up instead he will be thanking his lucky stars!
Feel free to mix and match as many of the above mentioned gift ideas as you like– if he has been extra good why stop at just one? We’re convinced that he will love these surprises just as much as you will love organising them!
Contributed by Brazilian Butterfly Essendon